Sunday, 10 July 2011

Welcome to the internet?

Dear Internet,
 today i made a blog. Now what? What do people blog about? Do bloggers need a topic, or can anything that takes their fancy can be bloged? (blogged? blogerised?) I'm sitting in bed watching the tour de France, and I have no idea what they are talking about. Cycling is boring but makes great background noise. Ooh! I know what I can talk about...

Video games!!! Specifically the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time(OoT) on the Nintendo 64. Over the course of the last week, i have helped my 12 year old cousin play through this game, which is my favourite game of all time. He enjoyed it, and we have just started to play the sequel, Majora's Mask. It is strange to think that this game (OoT) is as old as he is, yet it has retained its ability to capture the player in the world of the game. I think its the story that the game tells, grand enough to make the game feel epic, yet simple enough that it does not interfere with the game play. That might be why my cousin kept asking what happens next, with me continuously saying 'wait and see'.

OK next topic. Listerine cool strips. This one needs a bit of context, so bear with me. I am on holidays skiing in Thredbo at the moment, and the supermarket here sells those cool strip things that you put on your tongue and they go all chill. I remember those from like year 5 or 6, but hadn't seen one since then until this past week. epic nostalgia. I remember my brother telling me to put one under my tongue, and how much that burnt. And noticing that if you put one on your hand, it will curl up, but if you flip it over then it will curl along the other direction. I never found out why that happens, probably to do with heat and moisture given off by the palm of the hand.

This is fun! I'm going to try it again tomorrow. But for now, GOODNIGHT INTERNET!

No comments:

Post a Comment